The Darbiverse is an expansive world filled with many interesting and unique stuff! This page covers the overall features and themes of the Darbiverse!
|Ballahs||Ankylosaurus. They are 5.5 Russells long.|
|Bangers||Larger Dromaeosaurids. They are 3 Russells long.|
|Chickies||Velociraptors (and similar). They are 0.25 Russells long.|
|Cows & Bulls||Cow is a term used to refer to the majority of non-Savage herds (in particular to the females). Bulls are their male counterparts.|
|Jeets||Pachycephalosaurus. They are 2.8 Russells long.|
|Longbacks||Sauropods. They are 16-20 Russells long.|
|Maheovata||Quetzalcoatlus. The name of Posers in a different land. They are known as the "Children of the Sky".|
|Pomps||Parasaurolophus. They are 6 Russells long.|
|Posers||Pterosaurs. They are 4-8 Russells long.|
|Savages||Tyrannosaurids. They are 8 Russells long.|
|Scrubs||Some form of Eutriconodont. They are the smallest known kind, even smaller than Chickies. They appear to be quite intelligent, with a particular quartet of Scrubs controlling hordes of Chickies and another large group of Scrubs painting Darbi as a legendary figure in their culture.|
|Shibbs||Oviraptors. They are 1.75 Russells long.|
|Trykes||Triceratops. They are 7 Russells long.|
|Toaded||Get high (typically from toad licking). The high greatly resembles a stereotypical acid trip.|
The plot of Darbi is set 65 million years ago (more or less) in Montana (alluding to the Hell Creek Formation). In Seasons 1 and 2, the story takes place in "The Lands", Darbi's homeland and the area where he grew up.
After the events of Season 2, Season 3 takes place well outside of the Lands in foreign territories. Notable areas include "The Grimm Lands" and "Shail", the latter of which is home to the Destroyers.
The history of how the Lands and dinos came to be have two separate and somewhat conflicting accounts: the story told by Cows and the story told by Savages.
This version of dino history is told from the perspective of the Cows, with a sympathetic light held towards the Cows.
- Cow's Laws of the Lands
- No blood in the waters: Keep your drinking source clean and you will be healthier.
- Dull teeth inspires a sharper wit: You outmatch your Savage opponent's strength with your intelligence.
- A Savage has more to lost in the hunt: If someone falls in the hunt, the herd learns. The herd grows stronger, faster. If a Savage fails, they lose a meal. They get weaker, slower.
- Boldness gives strength to even the smallest of us: Your size does not determine your fortitude.
- Main article: Nos'Ul
This version of dino history is told from the perspective of the Savages, with a sympathetic light held towards the Savages.
- Note: As mentioned in the webtoon, any differences are merely artistic license and don't actually appear in the fossil records.
There are a few ways to distinguish the male and female dinos and Posers in the Darbiverse:
- Female dinos have pronounced lips (moreso when they are younger) and have dull, muted colours. As they get older, females have eyebrow ridges and sharper claws.
- Male dinos are bright and colourful. As they get older, males get thick eyebrow ridges and heavy plumage. Their plumage is important as it is what they use to attract the ladies; when they're teens their old plumage moults and is replaced by smaller thicker feathers.
- There isn't much difference between male and female Posers, except the guys have a noticeably larger head fin. The male Posers get thick eyebrow ridges, heavy plumage and are brighter coloured while the females have narrower eyes and much more muted colours.
- In Longbacks there are alpha Bulls (who are larger, more colourful and have head crests), beta Bulls (no head crest) and Cows (female Longbacks).
Much like their bird and reptile descendants, the dinosaurs of the Darbiverse have cloaca from which they piss, shit and nut from. In the webtoon, the males' cloaca pouch faces forwards and the females' cloaca pouch faces backwards (with the alignment helping perform the cloacal kiss).
Notes & Trivia
- Dinos who are toaded up will naturally avoid being attacked by swarming Chickies, as the Chickies assumedly consider toaded bodies tainted.
- Crocs are unaffected by the intoxicating effects of toad juice.
- Some fans have theorised that the toad high comes from 5-MeO-DMT, a naturally occurring psychoactive substance found in plants (and at least one species of extant toad).
|Bangers||Luman | Rhyett | Todd|
|Chloies||Fran Stookie | Nikki Stookie|
|Longbacks||Cass | Devoti | Dom | Smalltoe|
|Pomps||Phaylah | Sheylynn|
|Posers||Darby | Mal | Myren | Prennum | Randa | Sateen|
|Savages||Darbi | Dolla | Goudry | Kharma | Meeka | Meena | Mezmehr | Myrin | Nell | Peet | Shay | Sunder | Tuck|
|Trykes||Dayzee | Rhed | Sooze|
|Breeze | Charmer | The Crocs | Drama | Monsta | Ramble | Top|
|60 Second Wipe||1: 60 Second Wipe|
|A Heart to Heart|
|F*** With Shay Day|